SMAANZ Week will be a multidisciplinary virtual conference targeting innovative and thought-provoking research on a broad range of sport management topics, including the management, marketing, impacts, and governance of sport, sport events, and sport facilities at all levels. We welcome papers utilising diverse methodological and theoretical approaches, as well as papers with an applied or action focus that may be of particular interest to industry.
We invite the submission of a variety of abstract types, including empirical, methodological, conceptual, and teaching. Completed research or research in progress is welcomed.
- Deadline for abstract submission: 11.59 pm (AEST) on September 17, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: October 4, 2021
- We are seeking abstracts for 20-minute presentations (face-to-face) and 10-minute presentations (online)
- All presentations will be synchronous for SMAANZ Week 2021.
- We welcome abstracts on a wide range of sport management topics.
- All abstracts submitted for presentation at the conference must contain original research that has not previously been presented, scheduled or under review for presentation, published or accepted for publication, and if under review, must not appear in print before the conference.
- Abstracts must be 1 page all-inclusive. Please use 12 point Arial font, single spacing.
- Please include the full names of author(s) and institutional affiliation.
- Abstracts should not include figures and tables.
- Include in-text citations but NOT a list of references – acknowledgement of relevant prior research and sources of words, ideas and data is expected.
- Authors’ names may not appear on more than two abstracts and subsequent presentations, with the exception of research supervisors on first-author student submissions. In such cases, please indicate the author who is a research supervisor.
- Abstracts should be produced as an MS Word document, and submitted and attached through the SMAANZ Week 2021 Form .Please note, we will not be accepting submissions via email.
Please ensure all questions are answered on the form including:
- Presentation category (empirical research, methodological, conceptual, teaching, industry/government)
- Abstract Title
- Keywords (up to 5 keywords and/or phrases).
- The principal author’s contact information
- Preference for either face-to-face (Canberra) or online (HopIn) presentation during SMAANZ Week 2021
All abstracts will be subjected to a blind review.
Abstracts will be reviewed based on the relevance of the chosen topic to sport management; use of relevant literature; clarity of purpose; use of appropriate methods and data analysis (if relevant); quality of discussion; and contribution to knowledge.
For more information…
Please contact our SMAANZ Administrator, Sarah Wymer