Deadline 17 September, 2021
The purpose of the SMAANZ Student Travel Assistance (STA) program is to assist students in attending the student workshop held as a part of the annual SMAANZ conference.
The student workshop provides an opportunity for students to: (1) develop a network of colleagues to assist in the transition into the SMAANZ community; (2) share their research with their peers; and, (3) provide professional development opportunities through sessions led by senior academic staff on topics of interest to students.
The STA program can award a maximum of five $200 (AUD) awards per year with SMAANZ reserving the right to provide fewer than five awards.
Eligibility and conditions
- Successful applicants must attend the SMAANZ student workshop held on the opening day of the conference
- Eligibility is open irrespective of gender, age, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
- Preference will be given to applicants traveling from interstate or overseas
- Preference will be given to applicants based at New Zealand and Australian universities.
Applicants must include the following:
- A statement from their supervisor (or Head of School) confirming their status as a current student.
- Acknowledgement of all financial support provided by a university, grant, or other source. Preference will be given to students whose conference attendance is not fully funded by other sources.
- A maximum 100 word description of what they hope to gain from attendance at the student workshop
- Applications and queries should be sent directly to the SMAANZ Awards Coordinator, Dr.Kevin Filo –firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit applications and for more information…
Please contact our SMAANZ Awards Coordinator, Dr Lisa Gowthorp